This Program gives a comprehensive understanding of the key issues and techniques of operations management; it is a vital subject because operations management is the function that plans, organises, coordinates, and controls the resources needed to produce a company’s goods and services making the best, professional and efficient use of the organisational resources available.
Operations Management is important because it is concerned with creating all of the products and services upon which we depend, and because every service and product that we use or produce is the result of an operation or process. It is an exciting subject as it is at the centre of many of the changes affecting the world of business. It is challenging because the solutions that we find need to work cost-effectively and efficiently, both within the organisation or company and globally. Operations management needs to be conducted responsibly, taking account of responsibilities to society and the environment. This Program aims to give you a thorough insight into Operations Management and the key concerns of the subject, and the ability to put that knowledge into practice.
Course Outline Summary
- Explaining Operations Management.
- The Input-Transformation-Output Process, Process Hierarchy.
- Operations Strategy, Operations Resources.
- Market Requirements, Social, Environmental and Economic Performance.
- The Design of Services and Products, Stages in Design, Design Details.
- Effects of Volume and Variety on Operations.
- The Location of Operations, Positioning and Layout; Operations Flow.
- Managing and Designing Supply Networks. Network Dynamics.
- Capacity Management; Measuring Capacity, Demand Fluctuations, Queueing Theory.
- Inventory Management and Control.
- Supply and Demand Concerns
- Planning and Control of Ongoing Operations.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Lean Synchronization.
- Increasing Efficiency and Reducing Waste.
- Total Quality Management, Achieving Conformance, Specification, Improvement